- Hargis, M. B., Whatley, M. C., & Castel, A. D. (2020). Remembering proper names as a potential exception to the better-than-average effect in younger and older adults. Psychology and Aging, 35, 497-507.
- Oppenheimer, D. O. & Hargis, M. B. (2020). If teaching evaluations don’t measure learning, what do they do? Journal of Applied Research in Memory and Cognition, 9, 170-174.
- Hargis, M. B., & Castel, A. D. (2019). Knowing what others know: Younger and older adults’ perspective-taking and memory for medication information. Journal of Applied Research in Memory and Cognition, 8, 481-493.
- Gallo, H. B.*, Hargis, M. B., Castel, A. D. (2019). Memory for weather information in younger and older adults: Tests of verbatim and gist memory. Experimental Aging Research, 45, 252-265.
- * supervised undergraduate researcher
- Hargis, M. B., Siegel, A. L. M., Castel, A. D. (in press, forthcoming 2019). Motivated memory, learning, and decision making in older age: Shifts in priorities and goals. In G Samanez-Larkin (Ed.), The aging brain. Washington DC: American Psychological Association. see below for pdf.
- Hargis, M. B., & Castel, A. D. (2018). Improving medication understanding and adherence using principles of memory and metacognition. Policy Insights from Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 5, 147-154. pdf
- Hargis, M. B. & Castel, A. D. (2018). Younger and older adults’ associative memory for medication interactions of varying severity. Memory, 26, 1151-1158. pdf
- Hargis, M. B., McGillivray, S., & Castel, A. D. (2018). Memory for textbook covers: When and why we remember a book by its cover. Applied Cognitive Psychology, 32, 39-46. pdf
- Hargis, M. B. & Castel, A. D. (2017). Younger and older adults’ associative memory for social information: The role of information importance. Psychology & Aging, 32, 325-330. pdf
- Hargis, M. B., Yue, C. L., Kerr, T., Ikeda, K., Murayama, K., & Castel, A. D. (2017). Metacognition and proofreading: The roles of aging, motivation, and interest. Aging, Neuropsychology, & Cognition, 24, 216-226. pdf
- Flores, C., Hargis, M. B., McGillivray, S., Friedman, M., & Castel, A. D. (2017). Gist-based memory for prices and “better buys” in younger and older adults. Memory, 25, 565-573. pdf
- Hargis, M. B. & Oppenheimer, D. (2016). Invited Commentary: Greater emotional gain from giving in older adults: Age-related positivity bias in charitable giving. Frontiers in Psychology, 7, 1075. pdf
|Hargis, Siegel, & Castel (2019, forthcoming) - book chapter|
|File Size:||3362 kb|